The competitively priced, high-performing Avaya J179 IP Phone features a color display, 4 softkeys, high definition audio quality, integrated GigabitEthernet interface, headset support, up to three 24-button Expansion Modules, and optional Wi-Fi® / Bluetooth®. The J179 IP Phone leveragesyour enterprise IP network to deliver sophisticated voice communications from headquarters, remote locations, or home offices. Tightly integratedwith the Avaya Aura® and IP Office™ platforms, the J179 IP Phone optimizes communications through a flexible architecture that leveragesexisting investments and accommodates changing business needs.
Key Features and Benefits
- Delivers high definition audio that can increase productivity by reducing fatigue and provides easier-to-understand multi-party calls through the wideband audio codec in the handset and headset
- Simplifies call control on the display using softkeys for everyday functions such as transfer, conference and forwarding; also makes it easy to perform everyday tasks such as quick access to the corporate directory.
- Provides visual cues that can speed task management through 8 dual-color Red / Green LED buttons.
- Improves flexibility through support of a secondary Gigabit Ethernet port for a PC.
- Enables high-speed call handling through support of up to three 24-button Expansion Modules
- Supports optional J100 Wireless Module for Wi-Fi® connectivity and / or Bluetooth® headsets
- The handset has built in volume boost for hearing impaired to avoid having to purchase a separate amplified headset.
- Accommodates advanced unified communications solutions through Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- Supports reduced energy consumption and lower costs through Powerover-Ethernet Class 1 design with “sleep mode”.
- Color display—2.8 inches x 2.1 inches (7.0 cm x 5.3 cm)—Diagonal width: 3.5 inches (8.8 cm)
- 8 buttons with dual LEDs (red, green)
- 4 softkeys
- Hard buttons for phone, messages, contacts, history, home, navigation cluster, headset, speaker, volume, mute
- LEDs for speaker, mute, headset, message, history
- 24 administrative buttons
- Wideband audio in handset and headset
- Full duplex speakerphone
- Ergonomic hearing aid compatible handset supports TTD acoustic coupler
- Message waiting indicator
- Mute key with optional mute alerting
- IC call alerting with 360-degree visibility
- Rich, classic, alternate, and downloadable ringtones
- Dual-position stand, optional wall-mount stand.
- Gigabit Ethernet (10 / 100 / 1000) line interface
- Second Ethernet interface 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps
- PoE Class (IEEE 802.3af) registers as class 1 device and supports 802.3az
- Optional AC to 5 volt adapter
- SIP & H.323 protocol support
- Standards-based codec support: G.711, G.726, G.729A / B, G.722, Opus
- Supports the following languages: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese,Simplified Chinese, Dutch, English, Canadian French, Parisian French,German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Latin American Spanish, Castilian Spanish, Thai, Turkish, and Russian
Minimum Platform Support
- Avaya Aura® Platform 6.3 FP4
- Avaya IP Office™ 11.0
- Avaya Approved Third Party Platforms