Deploy with or without controller
- The 203R can be deployed in either controller-based (ArubaOS) or controllerless (InstantOS) deployment mode.
New 802.11ac flexible radio architecture
- The 203R AP is software configurable to operate in either 1x1 dual radio mode, or 2x2 single radio mode.
- Supports up to 867Mbps in the 5GHz band (with 2SS/VHT80 clients) or up to 400Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band (with 2SS/VHT40 clients). In 1x1 dual radio mode, these max speeds are up to 433Mbps (5GHz) and 200Mbps (2.4GHz).
Built-in Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE) radio
- Delivers location-based services for BLE-enabled mobile devices.
- Enables management of your deployment of batterypowered Aruba Beacons.
Advanced Cellular Coexistence (ACC)
- Minimizes the impact from out-of-band interference from sources such as 3G/4G cellular networks.
- Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology automatically assigns channel and power settings, provides airtime fairness and ensures that APs stay clear of all sources of RF interference to deliver reliable, high-performance WLANs
- The 203R can be configured to provide part-time or dedicated air monitoring for wireless intrusion protection, VPN tunnels to extend remote locations to corporate resources, and wireless mesh connections where Ethernet drops are not available.
- Integrated wireless intrusion protection offers threat protection and mitigation, and eliminates the need for separate RF sensors and security appliances.
- IP reputation and security services identify, classify, and block malicious files, URLs and IPs, providing comprehensive protection against advanced online threats.
- Integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for secure storage of credentials, certificates and keys.
Intelligent app visibility and control
- AppRF technology leverages deep packet inspection to classify and block, prioritize or limit bandwidth for over 2,500 enterprise apps or groups of apps.
Quality of service for unified communication apps
- Supports priority handling and policy enforcement for unified communication apps, including Microsoft Skype for Business with encrypted videoconferencing, voice, chat and desktop sharing